Thay myay gyee shin shwe hti – Death or Glory
On 17 May 1940, 257 Squadron was re-formed at Hendon. The Squadron was initially equipped with Spifires but was re-equipped with Hurricanes a few weeks later. It served throughout the Battle of Britain and was based at a number of airfields in the south, including Debden, Matlesham and North Weald. In 1944 the Squadron was part of 2nd Tactical Air Force which provided air support during the D-Day landings in northern France.
The Squadron was disbanded on 31 December 1963.