Possunt quia posse videntur – They can because they think they can
19 Squadron was formed in 1915 at Castle Bromwich, and was sent to France the following year where it carried out patrols over the Western Front. The Squadron was disbanded in late 1919 only to be reformed several years later, in the early 1920s, at RAF Duxford. In 1938 the squadron became the first to receive Spitfires. In May and June 1940 the squadron flew patrols over Dunkirk as part of the support for the evacuation of the BEF. As part of 12 Group the squadron was based at RAF Duxford and Fowlmere during the Battle of Britain.
The squadron continues to operate as 19 (Reserve) Squadron based at RAF Valley.